Mom to 3 Boys
by Mom to 3 Boys
My husband and I have stayed at a beach house on Folly Beach four times in the last five yrs - our boys think it is ours! Here's our top ten - everything on the list we did even when our youngest was 18mos - he is now six and our oldest is eight.
1) Play on the beach - any beach - they all rock for kids. Boogie Boarding, crab hunting, building sand castles. You could spend your entire trip just relaxing on the sand!
2) We always start out the week at Taco Boy on Folly Beach - great food and relaxed environment suitable for kids. They love the quesadillas and mom loves the margaritas ;)
3) Sunday nights - Family Night at the Charleston Riverdogs - ticket price includes meal for the kids - some good old Americana that you can't beat!
4) Patriots Point - what boy does not like a huge ship with planes all over it? Plus a submarine to tour tops it off. The Medal of Honor Museum is very moving - this is a real must see!
5) Carriage Ride through historic district is another must!
6) Waterfront Park - plan on the kids getting wet running thru the fountain. Have an ice cream cone first and when they make a mess they will rinse off in the fountain ;) Bring some towels for the ride home to sit on if you don't want your car to get wet.
7) South Carolina Aquarium is great -
8) Lost Dog Café on Folly Beach has the best breakfast on the island - you won't need lunch when you are done there! Kid's love the constant flow of dogs in and out as well - we met a wolf last year!
9) Charleston Pirate Tours - awesome - kid's love the stories about the pirates. Bob the parrot is great too!
10) Magnolia Plantation - beautiful
11) Harbor Tour is fun as well - sometimes the dolphins will swim along side your boat.
Enjoy your trip - we love it there!! Folly Beach is our home away from home!